Social Icons

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

When in CEBU : Plantation Bay

People often ask me what it is about Cebu I love most...
and I always end up saying...

"If I wanted to go on a vacation, I can hop on a cab and do so..."

When I was young, I have always associated vacations with airplanes and passports and going somewhere cold for a very long time. It never really occurred to me that a single day at the beach could mean the same thing.

A week before my first trip (for this year), I got an unexpected call from my best friend (21 years and counting), she wanted to hang out and go on a vacation since she couldn't come with me to ********* (spoiler alert!). Of course I said yes! (let's fast forward to our second day since this is where all the "vacationing" happened).

After a short swim at AMISA (where we were staying - she owns a condo there, which I shall feature on future posts...) We went to The Mactan Newtown, where we had our lunch at a place called mexiMAMA. It was super good!

MexiMAMA Cocina Latina
I had their Honey and Chili Wings which comes with their super yummy Mexican Rice. I had some Guyabano (Soursop) Shake, which I bought next door to go with it.

Honey and Chili Wings



After a satisfying meal, it was finally time to lose some calories and do some walking. We decided on Plantation Bay. Now, I've been to this resort a couple of times in the past, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. (NO, Plantation Bay is not paying me to say that... this is all based on experience). Just browse through the pictures and you'll know what I mean. 


Paradiso! (Salt-Water Lagoons)
Plantation Bay is one of the TOP resorts in Cebu with a colonial-plantation architecture set in 11 hectares of land.


One of the swimming pools in the property.

The best thing about it is, the place is so huge, that even if you go during the peak season (I did twice), it wouldn't feel crowded. And, if swimming isn't your thing, you can borrow their bikes and tour around the plantation (my 2nd favorite activity after swimming). They also have the usual water activities like Jet Skis and Banana Boats.


With the Besty (21 years and counting)

We ended up staying the whole afternoon since it was so HOT outside. We ordered some drinks and played Monopoly. Also, while touring around the property, my best friend and I actually decided on an overnight stay later on (not yet sure when). Anyways, our little adventure ended, and yes I know I wasn't able to cover a lot information about the place (since I'm only talking about our "hang-out" at Plantation Bay). I'm hoping to do an in-depth review on the resort the next time I check-in. 


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates